Dealer Trade/ Service Driver
Drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van primarily to deliver or pick up customers.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Short-term on-the-job training
Customer service background is preferred
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Active Learning Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Mathematics Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Transport customers to and from their destination in a professional and safe manner.
- Assist passengers in and out of shuttle while keeping a timely shuttle route without delays.
- Monitor shuttle vehicle maintenance and fuel.
- Run errands for the dealership as directed.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Employ good judgment, safe driving skills, abide by all traffic regulations.
- Operate radio or similar device to communicate with dealership or other vehicles to report disruption of service according to traffic regulations.
- Maintain a record of trips including names of passengers and destination or pick-up point.
- Notify service manager of any servicing the shuttle vehicle may require, such as oil changes, tires, cleaning, and general maintenance.
This position will require medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds.
Must have and maintain a clean driving record. To be considered for employment, release of such information will be required.